Commercial roofing has always been subject to a lot of research and innovations, courtesy of its crucial role in the actual business operations of a firm. A lot of home guides offer unsubstantiated suggestions to preferred roofing construction companies. However, there are only a few established and secure commercial roofing options available to the common entrepreneur or construction firm. While residential roofing might have included the wooden or conventional roofs as the right balance for homes, industries, storehouses and smaller commercial centers cannot be satisfied by these roofing solutions.
Let’s take a quick look at 5 most common and easily available commercial roofing options in the industry today:
- Metal – Metal roofing happens to be one of the most common and the sturdiest of roofing options available to the industrial segment. Commonly used elements include aluminum, steel, copper, metal tie etc. It can outlast any other roofing option, staying put for 30-50 odd years, as they can withstand most of the extreme weather conditions and issues that plague other roof materials.
- Asphalt Shingles – Asphalt shingles are also long-lasting in nature, especially if they are reinforced with fiber glass, wood and even organic constituents. Colors and textures can also be added, which often allows the raw shade of such roofs to give way to a much classier and elegant appearance!
- Wood – Wood from cedar, pine and spruce trees are most commonly used for such roofing options. Shades, colors and tweaks are all aplenty in case of wooden roofs. However, they are more prone to damage than other types of commercial roofing options, and would require much frequent maintenance and repairs than with the others.
- Slate Shingles – Heavy and requiring qualified expertise and experience to install, slate shingles are a tough call for any construction firm – but are an asset to the building it adorns! Although very expensive and brittle if not installed properly, they can stay unaltered up to 100 years if installed by veteran professionals.
- Tiles – Tiles are the most colorful and the most unique of all commercial roofing options in the industry. Available in clay or concrete, tile roofs are much more stable and easy to install, albeit heavy and might require your roof to have support to be able to secure them in place.
However, irrespective of whether you need a new commercial roofing installation or simply require repairing it in places, choosing the right firm is the key to a quality roof over your commercial purposes!