The roof makes one of the most important parts of your home or property. This is the part that directly defends you against harmful environmental and climatic elements. Your roofing system should therefore be designed to last long and keep your valuables safe and protected. However, depending on the type of roof you have installed and the conditions in your location, it is not uncommon to face several roof issues some of which require professional repairs or even call for roof replacements.
Fortunately, roofing contractors have what it takes to restore your roof and they are able to take care of any problem you could be facing with your roof. But considering that some of the problems can be costly, it is best that you have regular roof inspections and maintenance so that small issues are handled before they develop into bigger expensive ones. Below are the most common roof issues you might face.
1. Shingle damage – The aesthetic roofing option protects underlying structures of the roof from the elements. But over time they can weaken because of UV rays, wind and rain. Warped shingles, missing or broken shingles will necessitate roof repairs and your roofing contractor will be able to offer the solutions that you need for this.
2. Roof leaks – They are major roofing problems and they always should be fixed as soon as they are identified before they cause damage to your property and valuables. Because some of the leaks can be hard to identify until there is clear water damage signs, you are safer scheduling regular inspection of the roof and property to ensure that the roof is watertight and to have any problem areas handled before they develop into anything major.
3. Ponding water – If you notice standing water on the roof, then you definitely have a drainage problem that needs to be fixed. The best way to tell whether you have drainage issues is to check your roof after a rainstorm. For slanted roofs, the gutters need to be clear of any debris to ensure that the water drains appropriately. It is best to have such issues taken care of before you start seeing water stains on your ceiling.
4. Penetrations and punctures – They are usually a result of damage to the roofing material either by hail or wind. Usually the flashing and sealant around penetrations can get damaged leaving some parts of the roof exposed and not functional as they should be. It helps to have regular checks done on the roof to ensure that everything, including the sealant is actually in place and serving its purpose.
5. Tree damage – Trees around your home can be very beneficial in keeping the air around your home fresh and offering shade for sunny days. However, when you have tree branches hanging dangerously over your roof, you risk having lots of roof issues. The limbs could end up, rubbing and abrading the surface of the roof wearing offer the protective layer on top. There is also a risk of the branches falling onto the roof and causing serious damage.
Myrtle Beach Roofing Company