The task of the roofing solutions whether they will be applied for personal or commercial purposes is just the same, which is to provide the donors and everything under it the protection that they need from the natural elements that could harm them such as sun, hail or rain. However, some has extra advantages so it is important that you choose wisely so that you can have the best value out of your hard earned money. Below are your available options together with their strong and weak points. It will be up to your good judgment which you will opt for.
• Asphalt shingle – this material is the most common type of roof that can be seen in both business establishments and homes. More often than not, they are combines and enhanced with other materials such as wood fibers, organic materials and even fiber glass. Normally, this can last as long as three decades. If you would regularly maintain it, it might even last longer than that period. The laminated shingles which last longer and look nicer are also made out of asphalt. If you want a variety, you can opt for this as laminated shingles come in wide selection of textures and colors.
• Wood shakes – roofing solutions such as wood shakes are normally made out of treated cedar. However, there are also ones that are made out of pine or spruce. If you want wood shakes that have a smooth finishing, opt for ones that are cut using machines. This will ease the installation and will spare you some effort. When they are newly installed, wood shakes usually have brownish to sometimes reddish colors so there is no need for you to paint it. However, due to changing weather, it will fade sooner or later and will turn to soft gray.
• Metal roofing – ome of the metals used in business establishments include metal tie, steel, copper and aluminum. They last up to half a century but caution should be observed if you will opt for this. You have to make sure that the people who will install it will do the job properly. Keep in mind that leaks will be a problem as the roofing will rust out sometimes especially when it gets frequently wet by rain. Aside from it, metal roofs can also be susceptible to peeling, fading and oxidizing. Although it has the capability to endure even the most extreme type of weather, repairing it will be difficult as some would dent when you nail it.
• Slate shingles – this type of roofing solution is quite heavy; thus, making it harder to install. In addition they are not that durable. If you take care of it well and if it was installed the right way, it can last up to 70 years. This material is kind of pricey too compared with asphalt shingle. However, this will add beauty to your establishment. Since not all roofs of business offices are flat, there will be chances that yours will be seen by your clients and slate shingles will certainly leave a good impression on anyone who will glance on it.
• Tile roof – most of the time, tile is made out of clay materials but there are merchants who offer tiles that are made out of rubber or concrete. There is a wide selection of the colors and designs of tile roofing so you have many options to choose from. Clay tiles are usually expensive compared with the other materials but its performance is not really that stellar if you will put it side by side with rubber and concrete so do not fall prey to the sales pitch of companies which would tell you otherwise. In addition, it is quite heavier so you need to do have something to provide further support.
• TPO – this roofing solution stands for ThermoPolymer Olefins. This is also becoming the number one solution fast because of its durability. As its name suggests, this material is flexible enough to withstand extreme temperatures and it can hold up well against ozone and detrimental ultraviolet rays. This is usually white in color but you can certainly make alterations on it. One more advantage about it is that it has adhesives that sticks to the insulation materials that are already attached into the roof.
With the tips that are given above, you will be able to arrive in an informed decision on which one you will use for your business establishment.