There are plenty of types of commercial roofing. More often than not, you will see that the roofs of the business establishment are flat as opposed to the residential counterparts that mostly have tips and spikes. Whether you are a business owner planning to put up a store or just an architecture enthusiast, you should be aware of its types so that you can rest assured that your business will be secure from the harmful elements such as wind, fire and other hazardous natural and man-made factors. Below, you will find a list of different types of commercial roofing.
• Thermoplastic Roofing -this is made from TerPolymer Olefins and it is more commonly called as TPO. It is one of the widely used systems. The material where it is made from has the advantageous capabilities that can put up with extremely high and low temperatures. Another great thing about it is that it can repel the harmful UV rays emitted by the sun. In addition, it can withstand exposure from various chemicals and even ozone. It would not also easily burn and high winds. This is expected to last for even a couple of decades provided that it is well taken care of.
• EPDM rubber roofing -as the term implicates, this roofing type makes use of synthetic rubber that has standard measurement of thickness. Aside from the TPO, it is also a favorite among business owners as they can indeed save loads of money through opting for this. This is because it lasts longer compared with other roofing types since it is made out of rubber. Also, it is not that sensitive to punctures. What is good about it is that it makes repairing a breeze. In addition, it has the reputation of enduring all types of weather.
• Shingles -there are two types of shingle, asphalt and slate. The first can also be commonly seen at residential homes. It usually lasts for up to 30 years at the maximum as it is now infused with fiber glass and wood fibers. Those who would want a great looking asphalt shingle; you may opt for the laminated type as they will certainly take pleasure on the wide variety of designs and colors that are available. Laminated type is more durable and it can last up to 50 years. As for the slate shingles, it cab certainly adds up some beauty to your business establishment as this comes in a wide variety of colors as well. They may be difficult to install and breakable but can survive for 70 years. Of course, it comes with a high price.
• Green roofing -this type of roofing is also getting popular with the increasing awareness of the people about global warming and how everyone should take care of the environment. Although it is quite pricey to install such eco-friendly roofs, you can still be able to save money in the long run as you can save on the energy you consume. Green roof also acts as a good insulator. It also absorbs rainswater so that the pressure on the sewer will be relieved.
• Spray foam roofing -more and more individuals have been using it both for personal and commercial purposes. This is because it can provide a few advantages to the home and business owners. For one, it helps in insulating your roof, cooling down everyone that is inside; hence, helping you save on your utility bills. In addition, since it is made from foam, you will not be experiencing too much water leaks. It also works correctly for years.
• Photovoltaic panels -PV, as it is commonly referred to, roofing system is one of the green roofing systems too as it can help you direct solar energy from the sun to any switch that will supply power to light bulbs . If done properly, it can definitely light a building. Only a few uses this but you can marvel at how much you can save if you would be able to convert the energy from the sun. However, it will require solar panels that will absorb lights from the sun. You can also utilize a roof-mounted tile, a membrane and a glass.
You can choose among this list of commercial roofing systems. Pick one that will coincide with your needs or the planned design of your business establishment. For all you know, you can save up on some of them.