For many centuries, iron and its alloy metals have been used for roofing purposes, and even certain metals such as wrought iron where utilized when creating strong and resilient structural coverings. However, these metal options often came with a number of issues, as they needed to be painted quite often to maintain their look. This routine maintenance made owning a metal roof a very expensive investment. However, these issues were solved when colorbond metal was introduced to the market. Today, colorbond is one of the most popular materials used by professionals around the world who are looking for long-lasting, attractive roofing options.
Colorbond is actually a sheet of galvanized steel that is covered with permanent paint through a mechanical process. This is done so the paint won't come off, even in the worst weather conditions. This means when you put one of these roofs on your home or warehouse building, you don't need to worry about painting it every three to six months or taking care of any issues with rust and corrosion. Colorbond roofing is cheaper as compared to other similar materials and it's easier to carry, store and install on any type of building.
Most industry professionals today prefer this roofing as it doesn't require much maintenance work and it can be installed quicker as compared to a common tile roof or wood panel roof. This roof can be applied to any building, but it is mostly used in areas and climates where the rainfall rate is higher or in environments where it snows year round. When it's raining heavily or snowing for a long time, the roof has to be titled on some angle so that it can resist this precipitation and so snow won't pile up on the roof. This material will prevent this from happening.
Here are some common advantages of colorbond roofing:
- The most important benefit of colorbond roofs is that they don't require much maintenance work and you don't need to paint the roof in order to keep it looking its best.
- This material is ideal for any kind and shape of building and you can use for both residential and commercial purposes.
- It's very easy to weld these panels together so there is no need to worry about joints or creating a covering for a wide roof span.
- In locations where it rains or snows all the time, tilted colorbond roof is the ideal option to keep the property safe from moisture related damage.
- This roof is very easy to install and doesn't need much installation work. It can usually be done within a few hours.
- While tile or wooden options can be expensive, colorbond is the best available material that still fulfills all requirement without breaking the bank.
- Even when there is some damage to this roofing, it's very easy and quick to repair or replace any damaged panel.